The best 5 beta-alanine supplements in 2020
For this post, I’ve put together and reviewed the 5 best beta-alanine supplements that money can buy in 2020. For an in-depth guide on beta-alanine view this blog post.
If you are looking for the best beta-alanine supplement I recommend the Nutricost Beta-alanine powder It contains 300g of lab-tested beta-alanine for a good price! In addition to that, the packaging contains a serving scoop. In my opinion, this is the best beta-alanine supplement 2020.
DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST. THIS MEANS THAT AT NO COST TO YOU, I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS SUPPLIED IN THIS ARTICLE. I ONLY PROMOTE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT I TRUST AND 100% RECOMMEND. READ THE DISCLAIMER HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME!
Beta-alanine is an amino acid that your body can obtain from food sources or synthesizes itself. Its chemical name is 3-aminopropanoic acid. It’s synthesized by your gut-microbes or made in a lab and sold a beta-alanine supplement.
In your body, its a component of vitamin B5, anserine and carnosine. Carnosine is a molecule that is associated with decreasing the build-up of lactic acid in your muscles. Lactic acid is responsible for muscle cramping and muscle fatigue after vigorous exercise.
By supplementing with beta-alanine you reduce the concentration of lactic acid in your muscles and improve performance.
Some people report beta-alanine itch effects after supplementing, characterized by itching or burning of the skin. This is completely harmless and a normal side-effect.
Benefits of beta-alanine
- Reduces feelings of fatigue. Beta-alanine increases feelings of fatigue by decreasing muscle pH.
- Increases power output. Beta-alanine increases power output by increasing the uptake of glucose in the muscles.
- Increases training volume. By reducing fatigue, beta-alanine improves your work-capacity and therefore increases the training volume.
- Might increase brain functioning
Best beta-alanine supplement review
1. Nutricost Beta-alanine powder 300 grams
The nutricost beta-alanine powder in a 300-gram bottle is a perfect beta-alanine supplement for bodybuilder and endurance sports enthusiasts. The serving size is 3 grams, which is ideal for performance improvements. The included scoop ensures that you do not under- or over-dose.
- 300 grams of beta-alanine per bottle
- 3 grams per scoop (optimal dosage as shown in various research papers)
- Serving scoop included
- Lab-tested and made in an FDA approved laboratory
- 300 grams per bottle means only 100 servings in total. Could be a bit more
- No flavoring
Get it on Amazon!Nutricost Beta Alanine Powder 300 Grams
2. Beta-Alanine Powder by BulkSupplements (500 grams)
The Beta-Alanine Powder by BulkSupplements is a great alternative to the #1 of this list. The satchet containts 500 grams of beta-alanine in a press-to-close ziplock. The beta-alanine is lab-tasted and BulkSupplements uses no filler or additives in this product. One major downside is the lack of a serving-scoop.
- 500 grams of beta-alanine per sachet
- No filler materials or extra substances added
- No serving scoop added
- The seal is a press-to-seal ziplock which is not ideal for multiple uses
Get it on Amazon!Beta Alanine Powder by BulkSupplements
3. NOW® Beta-Alanine, 2000 mg capsules
NOW® Beta-Alanine, 2000 mg capsules is perfect for the fitness enthusiast that does not want to mess with scooping or measuring their own dosage. NOW provides the consumer with 2000mg of beta-alanine per serving, which is on the low-end of the ideal dosage. NOW uses CarnoSyn, a patented form of beta-alanine.
- 500 grams of beta-alanine per bottle
- 250 servings per bottle
- GMP Quality Assured
- Tested for banned substances
- Uses Carnosyn
- Only 2000 mg beta-alanine per serving
- More expensive than the other options
4. OPTIMUM NUTRITION Beta Alanine Powder
The OPTIMUM NUTRITION Beta Alanine Powder is the only supplement on this list that is flavored. In addition to that, Optimum nutrition added the second building block for carnosine, histidine. In theory, this should improve the carnosine content in your muscle cells even more, which results in even more performance increases.
- Flavored, 2 flavors available
- Includes histidine to improve performance even more
- Uses CarnoSyn
- Mixes easily
- Only 75 servings per bottle
- Relatively expensive
- Added compounds
5. Purisure Beta Alanine Powder 250g
Purisure Beta Alanine Powder 250g contains 250g of beta-alanine per bottle. This is the lowest on the list. Purisure focusses on pure and sustainable supplements for fitness enthusiasts. It is lab-tested for heavy metals and microbes which can harm the consumer. Once it passes the test it gets packaged in the USA and shipped.
- Tested for banned substances
- Lab-tested for heavy metals and microbes
- Packaged in the USA
- Only 250 grams of beta-alanine per sachet
- Does not contain a serving scoop